Make delicious homemade hash browns of course!
Once you learn this trick, these homemade hash browns are the easiest thing to make…
A few weekends ago I thought I would just whip up some shredded potato hash browns as an easy side for breakfast with some scrambled eggs and fruit salad. They were easy to prepare but didn’t turn out quite right…crispy is some spots but gummy in others.
So what to do?…of course I decided to read a little about this and see what is recommended. I found out the trick is in rinsing the potatoes after they are shredded and then pressing the water out of them.
Easy and Delicious Homemade Hash Browns
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes clean and shred them.
- Place potatoes in a colander and rinse with cold water, until the water runs clear.
- Press water out of the potatoes
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- When hot, add potatoes. Make sure they are evenly spread out in the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and black ground pepper.
- Leave the potatoes to cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown, do not stir them (this is important)
- Then flip the potatoes and cook for another 8 minutes or until golden brown. You can flip all the potatoes at once or in sections like me. I found dividing the potatoes into quarters was the easiest but still a tricky flip.