May perhaps 30, 2022, 8:30 AM HST
The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Food Basic safety Department issued a purple placard and right away shut down Sumo Deli, situated at 75-5595 Palani Street A1, in Kailua-Kona.
The food stuff establishment, operated by Sumo Deli, INC., acquired the pink placard on Could 26 and need to continue being shut till DOH conducts a adhere to-up inspection and all the violations are solved.
Throughout a program inspection conducted concurrently with a complaint inspection on May possibly 26, the DOH inspector noted important violations which includes:
- Imminent well being hazards prompted by wastewater backing up into the kitchen
- Probable cross-contamination owing to poor storage of refrigerated food items
- Improper handwashing and glove use
- The food stuff establishment’s specified Human being-in-Charge (PIC) could not exhibit knowledge of proper food items dealing with, storage, and protection
- Refrigerated foodstuff saved previously mentioned 41 levels Fahrenheit
- Poisonous resources were being observed to be stored over meals
- Unsanitary ailments of establishment in the form of grime, rotting meals, and oil accumulation on all kitchen surfaces.
DOH is demanding the foods institution to acquire the subsequent corrective actions ahead of a stick to-up inspection can occur:
- The grease interceptor ought to be serviced, cleaned, deodorized, and operating as supposed
- Enhance upkeep provider of the grease interceptor to a frequency satisfactory to preserve right procedure
- Reveal correct dishwashing procedures
- Display proper knowledge of cooling, thawing, and reheating processes
- Food need to be correctly labeled, structured, and saved preserving dangerous resources individual from meals
- Refrigerators ought to be in a position to keep 41 levels Fahrenheit or less
- Conduct a deep cleansing all over the facility to remove grease, grime, food residue, and other contaminants
- All food stuff workers designated as the establishment’s Pictures will have to be in a position to reveal the necessary awareness of appropriate food stuff handling, storage, and basic safety
- All workers that handle food stuff must be properly trained in appropriate cleanliness, protected food managing, and food storage by the establishment’s Pics
- The establishment have to make a detailed cleaning schedule for each day cleaning and deep cleaning of the institution to manage a sanitary ecosystem
DOH’s Food stuff Safety Branch guards and promotes the health and fitness of Hawai‘i people and visitors via education and learning of foods sector workers and regulation of meals establishments statewide. The department conducts schedule health inspections of food institutions where by food items products and solutions are ready, manufactured, dispersed, or marketed.
To check out restaurant inspection reviews, go to http://hi.healthinspections.us/hawaii/.