This yearly study of employers delivers a thorough appear at developments in employer-sponsored well being coverage, which include rates, worker contributions, price-sharing provisions, provide prices, wellness programs, and employer tactics. The 2021 study involved 1,686 interviews with non-federal community and private companies.
Yearly premiums for employer-sponsored relatives wellness protection reached $22,221 this 12 months, up 4% from last calendar year, with employees on average having to pay $5,969 toward the price tag of their coverage. The regular deductible between lined personnel in a system with a normal once-a-year deductible is $1,669 for solitary coverage. Fifty-8 percent of small corporations and 99% of significant companies present wellness gains to at the very least some of their workers, with an all round present price of 59%. This year’s report also appears at alterations companies built to their wellbeing added benefits because of to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Study effects are released in numerous formats, together with a complete report with downloadable tables on a wide variety of matters, a summary of conclusions, and an posting posted in the journal Overall health Affairs.
- A information launch announcing the publication of the 2021 Employer Health Gains Study is available.
SUMMARY OF Findings
- The Summary of Conclusions presents an overview of the 2021 study results and is accessible beneath the Summary of Findings tab.
- The finish Employer Health and fitness Positive aspects Study report consists of in excess of 200 displays and is obtainable underneath the Report tab. The “Report” tab incorporates 13 separate sections. End users can view just about every portion individually or down load the part reveals from the suitable aspect of the respective section web site.
- A recording of a Nov. 10 world-wide-web briefing highlighting important findings from the 2021 report will be readily available.
- More than 20 overview slides from the 2021 Employer Wellbeing Advantages Survey are accessible as a slideshow.
- Common faults for selected estimates are available in the Complex Supplement in this article.
- Employer Wellness Added benefits Surveys from 1998–2020 are available here. You should observe that historic survey reviews have not been revised with methodological variations.
- Researchers might request a general public use dataset by going to Contact Us and selecting “TOPIC: Wellness Charges.”