Here is a remedy against flu that can be very useful when you’re fighting colds, flu, gastrointestinal and other minor ailments.
First, one needs liquid concentrates of each plant one intends to use, which one can then mix later in various proportions as needed. For concentrates, you can use, as a solvent, alcohol at 40°, or organic apple cider vinegar at 8°. The following plants can be used: garlic cloves, thyme leaves, roots of Echinacea (from a plant at least three years old), and the leaves of lemon balm. We also can take fresh plants, cleaned without washing with water – except for the roots.
Measure out three volumes of vinegar or alcohol to one volume of packed plant. For example, for 100 ml of garlic clove, measure 300 ml of vinegar. Put the plant, cut into pieces, and the solvent, in a glass container with a plastic cover. Then allow these to macerate for four weeks, stirring occasionally. Filter with a fine cloth and pour it into in a glass container with plastic lid.
The concentrated liquid will keep for about four or five years in a cool place, protected from light.
Remedy against the Flu and Herbs for the Respiratory System
To make the remedy against flu, mix these four liquid plant concentrates in the following proportions:
- Two parts of garlic* for its antibacterial and antibiotic properties. This plant invigorates and stimulates one’s vitality.
- Two parts of thyme**. Thyme is antiseptic, supports immunity and thins secretions; it also is a respiratory system specialist.
- Two parts of Echinacea*. A plant for strength and vitality, Echinacea is a plant base to cope with the infections, viruses and bacteria that plague us. It stimulates the lymphatic system, and the immune system becomes less vulnerable.
- One part melissa*, for its antiviral, soothing and balancing properties.
This provides a powerful remedy against the flu and has a good immune system action. The combination of the respective active ingredients of plants provides a wide field of action that strengthens us. Use this mixture whenever you feel that your body needs a helping hand to fight.
Here is a procedure and suggested dosage for an adult of 150 pounds (about 68 kg) – adjust dosages based on weight. For example, a child of 15 pounds (about 6.8 kg) can take 1/10 of this cure:
Take 10 drops every half hour for five doses, up to a maximum of 12 hours. If this persists, continue for 24 to 48 hours with one dose every two hours. Usually, if you rest and keep well-hydrated in addition to taking the herbs, after 24 hours, the cure is complete, and you can say goodbye to colds and the flu. If this persists more than three days, you can increase the rate to 10 to 15 drops every two hours, using Bearded Usnea, a natural antibiotic of the most interesting sort.
* Interoperable with certain drugs.
** Not recommended during pregnancy in therapeutic dosage; food intake is safe.